Saturday, November 7, 2009

Starting the month off with a bang..

It's only November 7th and already we are busy busy busy. It seems that I say that a lot but it's only because it's true! Jesse and I both worked all week of course. I had Thursday off and that was a good thing because I really got so much accomplished. I was able to book the caterer for the wedding, order wedding favors, buy stamps for the invitations, and print address labels for the invitations. That was only the wedding things I got accomplished. I also went by the see Collin for the first time! He is so tiny and so sweet. When I held him, he didn't even cry. He opened his eyes and was just staring at me. He was probably wondering who in the heck I was but that's okay! :) Erin and Devin are extremely happy to have their new addition and it shows! They are going to be great parents.
I also went by to see Jen and Emma. They just moved back to Jacksonville last weekend and I am so happy about that. They are currently renting a house in Ortega since they were not able to sell the house in Auburndale. Emma is getting so big and she is so animated and funny! So far, everything is going well with Jen's pregnancy with Lola! Jen is one of my bridesmaids and she is due Jan 9th. Just before the wedding!
My family also had a bit of a scare on Thursday when Fort Hood had a shooting on base. Brad is stationed there now and it was very nerve wracking when we weren't able to get a hold of him. Thankfully, he called us when he got to a phone to let us know that he was okay. We are thanking God for that but also praying for the soldiers and families of the wounded and dead. It's sad that good soldiers that were still home on base had to die that way. You come to expect things like that when they are deployed, not that it makes it any easier to deal with, but to be home and have something like that happen is frustrating.
Last night, Jesse and I went to Heather and Alan's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The dinner was at Maggiano's in the town center. The dinner was delicious! Jesse is one of Alan's groomsmen. Today is the wedding!! They are getting married at Riverside United Methodist Church. It's a beautiful church. The reception will be at the River City Brewing Company. I hope to get some good pictures of Jesse all dressed up in his tux. :)

1 comment:

  1. The countdown is on! You know that your big day is getting close when you have a bridal shower!!!! I (and maybe Collin) will see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete