Saturday, July 25, 2009

Updates

It's official, I am moving back in with my parents tomorrow until the house is ready. ;) Tomorrow is the big moving day. Mom and Dad, Jesse and Timmy are helping me move. Thankfully, we should be able to get it knocked out pretty quickly. I will miss my first apartment. It was so much fun living on my own in my small, cute apartment. I am moving on to bigger and better things though and for that, I am grateful.

Jesse and I went by to see the house today and they have even more done!!! They have poured the concrete for the driveway and sidewalk out front. They have the floors in all the bathrooms, the kitchen, laundry room, and foyer. It looks great! They have also put on the countertops in our bathroom and put on the shower door. In addition to all of that, they put the shelves in all of the closets. They also have the front of the house prepped for the stucco. Jesse talked to Mike, the superintendent, and he said they will be doing that this week. We should be closing within the next few weeks. I can't wait!!

The cake business is going very well. I just completed an order friday night for Jesse's great aunt and cousin. They requested a Gator cake for Trey's birthday. It was fun to do. I also have orders to do a welcome home cake for my brother, an alligator cake for a double birthday party in August. Not to mention, the cakes for caylee's birthday parties. That's right I said parties!! lol We are having a family party on her actual birthday and then a big party on September 5th. It should be fun!! I am also making Jesse's dad a cake for his 50th birthday. Amanda and I ordered business cards and have been handing those out. The lady who took our engagement pictures is going to take a stack and hand them out to her clients. She does a lot of baby pictures so for their birthdays etc.I guess you could say, business is really picking up. ;)

Jesse has been working on getting plants and trees for our landscaping for the new house. He really enjoys working out in the yard and doing all that kind of stuff. This doesn't bother me a bit because as it happens, I do not like working out in the yard. :) He has been on craigs list and to all kinds of stores looking for trees and plants. Our yard will definitely be the best looking in the neighborhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment