Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

This weekend flew by! Here it is already Sunday night and it's back to the daily grind. I am starting at a new banking center tomorrow, so I am very excited to be doing that. It should be an interesting week for me at least.
On Saturday, me and my friend Amanda spent all day baking cakes for people who requested father's day cakes. We had so much fun. The kitchen was a mess but it was worth it. We are seriously considering going into business. We will probably just keep doing cakes on the side for now. Eventually we would like to open a shop somewhere maybe in Oakleaf since it is a growing community and halfway between where me and Amanda live. So, if anyone needs a cake, let us know! We would be happy to do it!
Jesse was working all weekend, it always seems like we have opposite weekends off. Although, this was my first weekend off in a long time. We both checked on the house this weekend, its coming along just fine. They have done the electrical work and also put the air ducts in. No huge changes or improvements this week. Our friends, Brandon and Kinlin Kirk, will be moving in pretty much across the street. They signed the paperwork last weekend. We are very excited for them, as this is their first home as well. We are also excited because that means we will be close!
Today, Jesse and I spent time with our families separately. My family was having a barbque and his family was too at the same time. :) We both had a great time though. Caylee was a little rascal just getting into everything now that she is crawling. It's hilarious. My grandmama was there and also my uncle Carl and grandpoppie. It is so nice when we can all get together like that, even if it is only for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment